We regret to advise that due to the current travel advice relating to COVID-19, Kangaroo Island Odysseys Tours will be suspended until 30th June 2020. We will continue to review our position moving forward in line with advice of health authorities and the Federal and State governments.
Our team are contacting guests in order of travel date. If you wish to contact our Booking Centre at Kangaroo Island Odysseys, please click here.
Thank you for your continued support during this time. We can’t wait for you to experience our amazing nature and wildlife experiences that will create brilliant lifelong memories.
The Federal Government has closed Australia’s borders to non-essential international travel and has also recommended all non-essential domestic travel be reconsidered.
- The Federal Government is responsible for laws relating to international travel. International travellers should visit the Australian Government Health website for the latest information.
- For restrictions on travel within the States and Territories of Australia, please visit the Australian Government Health website here.
- To find out more about specific travel restrictions within South Australian please visit the SA Health website.
- To find out more information on travel into South Australia, please visit the Police SA Government website.
- For further details and the latest updates on COVID-19 in South Australia, please visit this SA Health page.
Travel to South Australia has now opened to travellers from Western Australia, Northern Territory and Tasmania without a quarantine period. Travel from other states in Australia will be open from the 20th July 2020. Please check your state or territory health websites for more information on these travel restrictions for your jurisdiction.
The Federal Government has also recommended further restrictions on social gatherings which are also being implemented by State and Territory Governments.
Please note: The National Cabinet has agreed that public transport (trains, trams, buses, ferries) is essential and therefore is exempt from the travel and social gathering restrictions at this time. However, wherever possible passengers should try to adhere to the 1.5m social distancing recommendations.
At SeaLink Travel Group we are following the advice of the health authorities and the Federal and State governments when making decisions about our vessels, cruises, tours, accommodation and operations. We will keep you informed of any changes that will impact your trip with us as soon as possible.
You should also keep up-to-date with the latest travel and health information from the Australian Government – visit www.health.gov.au or your State or Territory Government Health Department website for any additional controls.
What are we doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19?
We have always had stringent and rigorous hygiene standards, cleaning procedures and health and safety practices. During this time, we have stepped up our practices and procedures even further.
Our staff have been briefed and trained on appropriate hand hygiene and sanitising practices. We will continue to monitor and maintain these practices in accordance with the health advice to ensure we maintain these to the highest standards.
All our operations have increased vessel, vehicle and room cleaning procedures and practices. Hard surfaces (such as tables, handrails, door handles, counters etc.) are being cleaned more regularly to minimise the risk.
Where possible we have made additional hand sanitisers and cleaning stations available to our customers and employees to exercise good hand/hygiene practices. We have also placed hygiene communications from the relevant health authorities in our vessels, vehicles, accommodation, food venues, shop fronts/counters/terminals and offices.
In the unlikely event that a customer or staff member presents with symptoms, where possible we will supply them with a mask and follow the instructions and recommendations from the Australian Government Health Department. Click here for more information.
What can you do to minimise the risk?
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best way to minimise the risk from COVID-19. You should:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- If unwell, avoid contact with others. Consider deferring travel and seek healthcare advice.
- Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
If you are feeling unwell or want more information on the recommended personal control measures, visit www.health.gov.au.
Can I change my travel dates?
If you have an existing booking and were scheduled to travel between 23 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 and you wish to change your travel dates, we will waive any amendment fees if you book your travel dates within 12 months of the original booked travel dates.
Please note: If any third-party or supplier costs change before the new travel dates, additional costs may be incurred.
What if my trip is cancelled?
If you are scheduled to travel between 23 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 and either you or SeaLink Travel Group cancels your travel with us, you can either choose:
- 100% travel credit to use at a time that suits you on any of SeaLink Travel Group’s products (to use within 12 months of the original booking date), or
- a 100% refund.
You should also check with your travel insurance policy for any information regarding cancellations.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support during these times.
Please contact our Booking Team if you have any further queries or to re-arrange your travel.