This wonderful two-day tour showcases the best of Kangaroo Island, enabling you to get up close and personal with Kangaroo Island’s wildlife by day while still enjoying the creature comforts at night.
You’ll meet kangaroos, koalas and wonderful native birdlife in their natural habitats, wander past wild Australian sea lions, and enjoy gourmet style picnic lunches in a unique Australian private bush setting. At Flinders Chase National Park, you’ll marvel at Kangaroo Island’s scenic icons - Cape du Couedic Lighthouse and the spectacular formations of Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch.
There’s a choice of accommodation for your one night stay. Standard and Superior Accommodation includes continental breakfast, while Bed & Breakfast accommodation includes dinner, bed and breakfast. View our accommodation options.
- English - Daily
- Italian - Monday, Wednesday & Friday. KI23FC & KI23FF only: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday.
- French - Tuesday & Friday
- German - Tuesday & Thursday
- Spanish - Thursday & Sunday
- Japanese and Mandarin – available daily on request
This tour does not operate on 24 and 25 December.
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide CBD and Glenelg hotels
- Return transport to Kangaroo Island - Ferry or Fly
- Personalised 4WD touring with expert commentary from your driver/guide All entrance fees and special permits
- Unforgettable beach walk to see Australian sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Gourmet style picnic lunches with complimentary wines in an Australian bush setting
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Visit Flinders Chase National Park Wander among the amazing Remarkable Rocks See Long-nosed Fur Seals at Admirals Arch
- See one of South Australia’s first Lighthouses at Cape du Couedic
- Watch kangaroos and other native animals graze at Kelly Hill Conservation Park
- One night’s accommodation of your choice (Standard or Superior including breakfast or Boutique Bed & Breakfast including dinner and full cooked breakfast)
Early morning pick up from your Adelaide or Glenelg hotel for a scenic coach journey to Cape Jervis through the Fleurieu Peninsula with its vineyards, hills and coastal landscapes. At Cape Jervis, board the SeaLink Kangaroo Island ferry for the 45 minute crossing to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island (Ferry option only).
On arrival at Penneshaw or Kingscote Airport you will be met by your guide and your Kangaroo Island Wildlife Experience begins with an introduction to Kangaroo Island. Tour Kangaroo Island and see wildlife in its natural environment. Kangaroo Island's wildlife exists in its natural habitat without the threat of introduced predators. See native birdlife as they sing from eucalyptus trees. The island is home to 250 species of birds, many of which are unique to Kangaroo Island as through isolation from the mainland, have developed their own subspecies. As you make your way across the island keep watch for echidnas, wallabies, kangaroos, reptiles and wildflowers.
At Seal Bay Conservation Park, you will be guided on a memorable beach walk, home to a healthy Australian sea lion colony. Walk among the sea-lions as they lay on the sand and dunes. With your guide you are able to stand at a safe distance to these wonderful endangered creatures and hear them sigh and watch them at play. This is a truly magical and unforgettable experience!
Our guides will take you to our Heritage-listed natural bush property to enjoy a delicious gourmet style picnic lunch with South Australian wine in an Australian bush setting. After lunch, take a leisurely bush walk or beach stroll. Travel through the island’s interior keeping an eye out for koalas and echidnas. Explore the spectacular beaches and enjoy a bushwalk. Listen for Australia’s rarest cockatoo, the Kangaroo Island glossy black cockatoo and watch out for the Tammar wallaby in its natural habitat. Later in the afternoon, see the kangaroos leave the safety of the bush to begin grazing on the open pastures. Your tour concludes at your choice of accommodation for your overnight stay on Kangaroo Island.
This morning we travel to the western section of the island and discover the stunning Flinders Chase National Park, one of the oldest and most important national parks in South Australia. The park incorporates almost 20 per cent of the island and much of it is a Wilderness Protection Area, home to a variety of fauna and flora unique to Kangaroo Island. Enjoy the opportunity to walk through the park in search for kangaroos, wallabies and a variety of birdlife.
See at close range some 10,000 Long-nosed Fur Seals in their colony at Cape du Couedic and discover the incredible formation, Remarkable Rocks. These large granite boulders balance dramatically on the cliff edge, which plunges 75 metres into the turbulent Southern Ocean below.
At Admirals Arch see where the powerful forces of nature have cut through the headland to create this beautiful natural geological formation.
A delicious gourmet style picnic lunch with accompanying wine will be served in a secluded bush setting. During the day koalas can be observed in their treetop habitat. By special permit, enter the Kelly Hill Conservation Park to see kangaroos and other native wildlife emerge from the safety of the bushland to graze on the open plains.
If time permits, visit Point Ellen at Vivonne Bay, once voted Australia’s best beach. Your tour concludes at either Kingscote Airport for your return flight to Adelaide, or at Penneshaw in time for the return ferry to the mainland and coach transfer to Adelaide.
Please Note: Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
Standard (includes continental breakfast)
- Ozone Hotel, Kingscote - Executive Rooms
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge, American River - Superior Queen Poolview or Superior King Bayview
- Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn - Superior Ocean View Rooms
Superior (includes full buffet breakfast)
- Ozone Hotel, Kingscote - Executive Sea View Rooms
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge, American River - Deluxe Studio Waterview Rooms*
*A 2-course dinner in the award winning Reflections Restaurant at the Mercure KI Lodge is available on request (additional cost) please enquire.
Boutique B&B (includes 3 course dinner and full cooked breakfast)
|Tour Options||Departs From||Tour Code||Adult Price Standard||Adult Price Superior||Adult Price Boutique B&B|
|On Island||Kingscote / American River||KI23||$1098||$1120||$1377|
Prices are per person based on twin share accommodation and valid 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020. Single, Extra Adult & Child Prices available on request. Prices shown include an English speaking guide. Tours with a Language guide incur an additional charge, which will be confirmed upon booking.