Italiano | Français | Deutsche | Español | 日本語
This wonderful two-day tour showcases the best of Kangaroo Island, enabling you to get up close and personal with Kangaroo Island’s wildlife by day while still enjoying the creature comforts at night.
You’ll see kangaroos, koalas and wonderful native birdlife in their natural habitats, wander past wild Australian sea lions, and enjoy gourmet style picnic lunches in a unique Australian private bush setting. Experience nature at her most spectacular as you visit Flinders Chase National Park where you'll get time to walk around Remarkable Rocks and see Long-nosed Fur Seals at Admirals Arch.
There’s a choice of accommodation for your one night stay. Standard and Superior accommodation including breakfast, while Bed & Breakfast accommodation includes dinner, bed and breakfast. View our accommodation options.
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide hotels (Coach/Ferry option only) or Kangaroo Island accommodation
- Return scenic coach transfers to Cape Jervis taking in the picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula with its vineyards, coastal views and rolling hills (Coach/Ferry option only)
- Return transport to/from Kangaroo Island by SeaLink Ferry (Coach/Ferry option only)
- Personalised 4WD touring with expert commentary from your driver/guide
All entrance fees and special permits
- Enjoy delicious gourmet picnic style lunches with Kangaroo Island wine in natural bush settings
- Unforgettable beach walk to see Australian sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Morning or afternoon tea each day
- Explore stunning beaches, majestic coastlines and take walks through native bush land
- See koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas and birdlife in their natural environments
- Visit Flinders Chase National Park
- Wander among the amazing Remarkable Rocks and see Long-nosed Fur Seals at Admirals Arch
- See one of South Australia’s first Lighthouses at Cape du Couedic
- One night’s accommodation (including Breakfast) on Kangaroo Island (Standard, Superior or Boutique B&B)
Itinerary (based on departing Adelaide)
Day One - 1 Day Kangaroo Island Wildlife Discovery Tour
Early morning pick up from your Adelaide hotel for a scenic coach journey to Cape Jervis through the Fleurieu Peninsula with its vineyards, hills and coastal landscapes. At Cape Jervis, board the SeaLink Kangaroo Island ferry for the 45 minute crossing to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island.
On arrival at Penneshaw you will be met by your guide and your Kangaroo Island Wildlife Experience begins with an introduction to Kangaroo Island. Tour Kangaroo Island and see wildlife in its natural environment. Kangaroo Island's wildlife exists in its natural habitat without the threat of introduced predators. See native birdlife as they sing from eucalyptus trees. The island is home to 250 species of birds, many of which are unique to Kangaroo Island as through isolation from the mainland, have developed their own subspecies. As you make your way across the island keep watch for echidnas, wallabies, kangaroos, reptiles and wildflowers.
At Seal Bay Conservation Park, you will be guided on a memorable beach walk, home to a healthy Australian sea lion colony. Walk among the sea lions as they lay on the sand and dunes. With your guide you are able to stand at a safe distance to these wonderful endangered creatures and hear them sigh and watch them at play. This is a truly magical and unforgettable experience!
Enter our exclusive Heritage-listed natural bush property to enjoy a delicious gourmet picnic style lunch with Kangaroo Island wine. Follow your lunch with a pleasant bushwalk or a stroll along the beach. Travel through the island’s interior keeping an eye out for koalas and echidnas. Explore the spectacular beaches and enjoy a bushwalk. Listen for Australia’s rarest cockatoo, the Kangaroo Island glossy black cockatoo and watch out for the Tammar wallaby, with its small fine features, in its natural habitat.
Later in the afternoon, as the day draws to a close, see the kangaroos leave the safety of the bush to begin grazing on the open pastures. Your day concludes at your choice of accommodation for your overnight stay on Kangaroo Island.
Day Two - 1 Day Flinders Chase, Nature & Wildlife Tour
After a hearty breakfast, travel to the western end of the island and discover the Flinders Chase National Park, one of the oldest and most important national parks in South Australia. The park incorporates almost 20 per cent of the island and much of it is a Wilderness Protection Area which is home to a variety of fauna and flora unique to Kangaroo Island.
At Admirals Arch see where the powerful forces of nature have cut through the headland to create this natural geological formation. Watch some of the 10,000 healthy Long-nosed Fur Seals in their colony at Cape du Couedic and take a stroll around the historic Cape du Couedic Lighthouse and Weir’s Cove.
Next, discover the picturesque formations of Remarkable Rocks. These large granite boulders balance dramatically on the cliff edge, which plunges 75 metres into the Southern Ocean.
Enjoy a delicious gourmet style picnic lunch with Kangaroo Island wine in a secluded scenic location. Enjoy the opportunity to search for kangaroos, wallabies, and a variety of birdlife. Koalas can be observed peacefully existing in their treetop habitat.
In the afternoon, explore some of the most spectacular beaches on Kangaroo Island and marvel at the stunning coastlines the island has to offer. There will be many photo opportunities along the way for you to capture long lasting memories of your time on beautiful Kangaroo Island. Your tour concludes at Penneshaw in time for the return ferry to the mainland and coach transfer to Adelaide.
Standard (includes continental breakfast)
Superior (includes full buffet breakfast)
Boutique B&B (includes 3 course dinner and full cooked breakfast)
|Tour Options||Departs From||Tour Code||Standard|
Per Person, Twin Share
Per Person, Twin Share
Per Person, Twin Share
|On Island||Kingscote / American River||KI23||$1153||$1178||$1476|
- English - Daily
- Italian - Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- French - Tuesday & Friday
- German - Tuesday & Thursday
- Spanish - Thursday & Sunday
- Japanese and Mandarin – available daily on request
This tour does not operate on 24 and 25 December.
- Prices are per person, twin share and valid for travel 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022.
- Prices shown include an English speaking guide. Tours with a Language guide incur an additional charge, which will be confirmed upon booking.
- Child price available for children aged 3 to 14 years.
- Public touring is not suitable for children under 7 years of age, we recommend booking a private charter (price on application).
- Infants under 3 years of age require a private charter.
- Bookings that include car seats for children will incur a $50 per seat charge.
- Minimum passengers 2. Maximum passengers 8.
- Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
- Please advise any special dietary or allergy information at time of booking.
For flight options to/from Kangaroo Island, please refer to our Getting to Kangaroo Island information.
What to Bring: Camera supplies on Kangaroo Island are limited. Bring plenty of spare batteries for your camera or video recorder, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable walking shoes and casual/comfortable clothes also a warm top and a rain jacket can be required any time of year. Do not forget personal medication.
Luggage Limits: Luggage limits are 15kg per person as touring is in small 4WDs. This will require ‘packing down’ to one smaller bag per person. When this is necessary, excess luggage can be stored at your Adelaide accommodation.