Flinders Chase National Park, at the western end of Kangaroo Island, is blessed with an abundance of spectacular scenery, natural marvels and wildlife.
Experience nature at her most spectacular as you visit Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch as well as Cape du Couedic lighthouse. Encounter Australian sea lions, Long-nosed fur seals, kangaroos, koalas and native Australian birds in the wild.
In between the breathtaking, enjoy the mouth-watering - a gourmet style picnic lunch with complimentary South Australian wines in a unique Australian bush setting.
- English - Daily (excluding Christmas Day)
- Italian - Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
- French - Wednesday & Saturday
- German - Wednesday & Friday
- Spanish - Monday & Friday
- Japanese and Mandarin – available daily on request
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide CBD and Glenelg hotels
- Return transport to/from Kangaroo Island - Ferry or Fly
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your driver/guide
- All entrance fees and special permits
- Gourmet style picnic lunch with complimentary South Australian wines in an Australian bush setting
- Visit to Remarkable Rocks and view Long-nosed Fur Seals at stunning Admirals Arch
- Visit to one of Australia's first lighthouses at Cape du Couedic
Early morning pick up from your Adelaide or Glenelg hotel and transfer to the Adelaide Airport for your flight to Kangaroo Island (Kingscote). On arrival on Kangaroo Island you will be met by your guide for a day of wildlife and natural wonders.
Travel to the western Kangaroo Island and discover the remarkable Flinders Chase National Park, one of the oldest and most important national parks in South Australia. The park incorporates almost 20 per cent of the island and much of it is a Wilderness Protection Area, home to a variety of fauna and flora unique to Kangaroo Island.
Enjoy the opportunity to walk through the park in search for kangaroos, wallabies and a variety of birdlife. See at close range some of the 10,000 healthy Long-nosed Fur Seals in their colony at Cape du Couedic and discover the formation of the Remarkable Rocks. These large granite boulders balance dramatically on the cliff edge, which plunges 75 metres into the turbulent Southern Ocean below. At Admirals Arch see where the powerful forces of nature have cut through the headland to create this natural geological formation.
A delicious gourmet style picnic lunch with complimentary South Australian wine will be served in a secluded bush setting. During the day koalas can be observed peacefully existing in their treetop habitat. By special permit, enter the Kelly Hill Conservation Park to see kangaroos and other native wildlife emerge from the safety of the bushland to graze on the open plains.
If time permits, visit Point Ellen at Vivonne Bay, once voted Australia’s best beach. Your tour concludes at either Kingscote Airport for your return flight to Adelaide, or at Penneshaw in time for the return ferry to the mainland and coach transfer to Adelaide.
Please Note: Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
|Tour Options||Departs From||Tour Code||Adult Price||Child Price|
|On Island||Kingscote / American River||W2||$455||$435|
Prices are per person and valid 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020. Prices shown include an English speaking guide. Tours with a Language guide incur an additional charge, which will be confirmed upon booking. Child price available for children aged 3 to 14 years.