| Français | Deutsch | Español | 日本語
Please note this tour is only available departing Kingscote or American River on Kangaroo Island and does not connect to the SeaLink Ferry.
Kangaroo Island is blessed with an abundance of spectacular scenery, natural marvels and wildlife.
Experience nature at her most spectacular as you visit the Flinders Chase National Park at the western end of the island and discover the awe-inspiring formations of Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Delight in a mouth-watering gourmet style picnic lunch and see kangaroos and other native wildlife in their natural habitat.
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down from your selected Kingscote or American River accommodation or Kangaroo Island, Kingscote Airport
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your driver/guide
- All entrance fees and special permits
- Visit Flinders Chase National Park
- Wander among the amazing Remarkable Rocks and see Long-nosed Fur Seals at Admirals Arch
- See one of South Australia’s first Lighthouses at Cape du Couedic
- Gourmet style picnic lunch with Kangaroo Island wines in an Australian bush setting
- Explore stunning beaches and coastlines of Kangaroo Island
- See koalas, kangaroos, Tammar wallabies and other native wildlife
Itinerary - departs on island only
Early morning pick up from the Kangaroo Island, Kingscote Airport or your chosen Kingscote or American River accommodation by your local KI guide for the day.
Travel to the western end of the island and discover the remarkable Flinders Chase National Park, one of the oldest and most important national parks in South Australia. The park incorporates almost 20 per cent of the island and much of it is a Wilderness Protection Area which is home to a variety of fauna and flora unique to Kangaroo Island.
At Admirals Arch see where the powerful forces of nature have cut through the headland to create this natural geological formation. Watch some of the 10,000 healthy Long-nosed Fur Seals in their colony at Cape du Couedic and take a stroll around the historic Cape du Couedic Lighthouse and Weir’s Cove.
Next, discover the picturesque formations of Remarkable Rocks. These large granite boulders balance dramatically on the cliff edge, which plunges 75 metres into the Southern Ocean.
Enjoy a delicious gourmet style picnic lunch with Kangaroo Island wine in a secluded scenic location. Enjoy the opportunity to search for kangaroos, wallabies and a variety of birdlife. Koalas can be observed peacefully existing in their treetop habitat.
In the afternoon, explore some of the most spectacular beaches on Kangaroo Island and marvel at the stunning coastlines the island has to offer. There will be many photo opportunities along the way for you to capture long lasting memories of your time on beautiful Kangaroo Island.
Your tour concludes at either the Kangaroo Island, Kingscote Airport or your chosen KI accommodation.
|Tour Options||Departs From||Tour Code||Adult Price||Child Price|
||Kingscote / American River
- English - Daily (excluding Christmas Day)
- Italian - Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
- French - Wednesday & Saturday
- German - Wednesday & Friday
- Spanish - Monday & Friday
- Japanese and Mandarin – available daily on request
- Prices are per person and valid 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022.
- Prices shown include an English speaking guide. Tours with a Language guide incur an additional charge, which will be confirmed upon booking.
- Child price available for children aged 3 to 14 years.
- Minimum passengers 2. Maximum passengers 8.
- Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
- Please advise any special dietary or allergy information at time of booking.
For flight options to/from Kangaroo Island, please refer to our Getting to Kangaroo Island information.
What to Bring: Camera supplies on Kangaroo Island are limited. Bring plenty of spare batteries for your camera or video recorder, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable walking shoes and casual/comfortable clothes also a warm top and a rain jacket can be required any time of year. Do not forget personal medication.
Luggage Limits: Luggage limits are 15kg per person as touring is in small 4WDs. This will require ‘packing down’ to one smaller bag per person. When this is necessary, excess luggage can be stored at your Adelaide accommodation.