Extend your stay to two nights on Kangaroo Island and discover the unique nature & wildlife that exists on one of Australia’s finest nature-based destinations.
You’ll see kangaroos, koalas and wonderful native birdlife in their natural habitats, wander past wild Australian sea lions, and enjoy gourmet style picnic lunches in a unique Australian private bush setting. Experience nature at her most spectacular as you visit Flinders Chase National Park where you'll get time to walk around Remarkable Rocks and see Long-nosed Fur Seals at Admirals Arch.
There’s a choice of accommodation for your two night stay. Standard and Superior accommodation including breakfast, while Bed & Breakfast accommodation includes dinner, bed and breakfast. View our accommodation options.
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide and Glenelg hotels (Coach/Ferry option only) or Kangaroo Island accommodation
- Return scenic coach transfers to Cape Jervis taking in the picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula with its vineyards, coastal views and rolling hills (Coach/Ferry option only)
- Return transport to/from Kangaroo Island by SeaLink Ferry (Coach/Ferry option only)
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your local Driver/Guide
- All entrance fees and special permits
- Gourmet style picnic lunches with complimentary South Australian wines in an Australian bush setting
- Unforgettable beach walk to see Australian sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Explore beaches and take walks through majestic native bush land
- See koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas and birdlife in their natural environments
- Visit Flinders Chase National Park
- Wander among the amazing Remarkable Rocks and see Long-nosed Fur Seals at Admirals Arch
- See one of South Australia’s first Lighthouses at Cape du Couedic
- Watch kangaroos and other native animals graze at Kelly Hill Conservation Park
- Two night’s accommodation of your choice (Standard or Superior including breakfast or Boutique Bed & Breakfast including dinner and full cooked breakfast)
Itinerary (based on departing Adelaide)
Early morning pick up from your Adelaide or Glenelg hotel for a scenic coach journey to Cape Jervis taking in the picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula with its vineyards, coastal views and rolling hills. On arrival, board the SeaLink Kangaroo Island ferry for the 45 minute crossing to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island – ferry options only.
On arrival at Penneshaw you will be met by your local guide and your island nature experience begins with an introduction to Kangaroo Island. Tour through several island habitats and see wildlife in their natural environments. Kangaroo Island is a haven for Australian wildlife, which exists in its natural habitat without the threat of introduced predators. Listen to the distinct sounds of the native birdlife as they chorus from the tall eucalyptus trees. Kangaroo Island is home to some 250 species of birds, many of which, through isolation from the mainland, have developed their own subspecies and are therefore unique to Kangaroo Island. As you travel the island keep an eye out for echidnas, wallabies, reptiles and wildflowers.
At the spectacular Seal Bay Conservation Park, your guide will escort you on a memorable walk along the beach. This bay is home to a healthy Australian sea lion colony. Walk among the sea lions as they bask on the beach or among the sand dunes after their extensive fishing expedition. With your guide you are able to stand at a safe distance to these wonderful endangered creatures and hear them sigh and watch them at play. This is a truly unforgettable experience — one that you will treasure forever.
Enter our exclusive Heritage-listed natural bush property to enjoy a delicious gourmet picnic style lunch with South Australian wine. Follow your lunch with a pleasant bushwalk or a stroll along the beach. Travel through the island’s interior keeping an eye out for koalas and echidnas. Explore the spectacular beaches and enjoy a bushwalk. Listen for Australia’s rarest cockatoo, the Kangaroo Island glossy black cockatoo and watch out for the Tammar wallaby, with its small fine features, in its natural habitat.
Later in the afternoon, as the day draws to a close, see the kangaroos leave the safety of the bush to begin grazing on the open pastures. Your day concludes at your choice of accommodation for your first nights' accommodation on Kangaroo Island.
After a hearty breakfast, travel to the western end of the island and discover the Flinders Chase National Park, one of the oldest and most important national parks in South Australia. The park incorporates almost 20 per cent of the island and much of it is a Wilderness Protection Area.
See at close range some of the 10,000 healthy Long-nosed Fur Seals in their colony at Cape du Couedic and discover the formation of Remarkable Rocks. These large granite boulders balance dramatically on the cliff edge, which plunges 75 metres into the turbulent Southern Ocean below. At Admirals Arch see where the powerful forces of nature have cut through the headland to create this natural geological formation. A delicious gourmet style picnic lunch with South Australian wine will be served in a secluded bush setting. During the day koalas can be observed peacefully existing in their treetop habitat.
By special permit, enter the Kelly Hill Conservation Park to see kangaroos and other native wildlife emerge from the safety of the bush land to graze on the open plains. Your day concludes at your accommodation for your second night stay on Kangaroo Island.
After breakfast, depart Penneshaw early morning for the return journey back to Adelaide by SeaLink ferry and coach.
Standard (includes continental breakfast)
- Aurora Ozone Hotel, Kingscote – Executive Rooms
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge, American River - Superior Queen Poolview or Superior King Bayview
Superior (includes full buffet breakfast)
- Aurora Ozone Hotel, Kingscote – Executive Sea View Rooms
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge, American River – Deluxe Studio Waterview Rooms*
*A 2-course dinner in the award winning Reflections Restaurant at the Mercure KI Lodge is available on request (additional cost) please enquire.
Boutique B&B (includes 3 course dinner and full cooked breakfast)
Adult Price Standard
Adult Price Superior
Adult Price Boutique B&B
Prices are per person based on twin share accommodation and valid 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021. Single, Extra Adult & Child Prices available on request. Prices shown include an English speaking guide. Tours with a Language guide incur an additional charge, which will be confirmed upon booking. Itinerary and inclusions are subject to change especially on days classified as catastrophic fire danger on Kangaroo Island.
- English - Daily
- Italian - Monday, Wednesday & Friday or Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday (Tour codes KI27FC & KI27FF only)
- French – Tuesday & Friday
- German - Tuesday & Thursday
- Spanish - Thursday & Sunday
- Japanese and Mandarin – available daily on request
For flight options to/from Kangaroo Island, please refer to our Getting to Kangaroo Island information.