Limited time only - travel until 31st March 2022!
On this tour your day starts with a memorable guided walk along the beach at Seal Bay Conservation Park, amongst a colony of endangered Australian sea lions basking and playing in the water or resting on the beach.
Whilst travelling around Kangaroo Island, your guide will give an informative commentary on the island’s history and its flora and fauna, with plenty of stops for photographs. For lunch enjoy a gourmet picnic with local wines served in a delightful private bushland setting.
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down from either the KI Seafront Hotel (Penneshaw); Mercure KI Lodge (American River); or Aurora Ozone Hotel (Kingscote)
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your driver/guide
- All entrance fees and special permits
- A delicious gourmet style picnic lunch with Kangaroo Island wines in an exclusive Australian bush setting
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Unforgettable beach walk to see Australian sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Explore beaches and take walks through majestic native bush land
- See koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, and birdlife
Departing on island from either Kingscote, American River or Penneshaw, you'll love this small group personalised tour of Kangaroo Island. Your guide will take you on an unforgettable island nature experience and show you sights that regular coach tours do not visit. A delicious gourmet lunch in a natural bush setting with complimentary Kangaroo Island wines is a highlight of this tour.
Tour through several island habitats and see wildlife in their natural environments. Kangaroo Island is a haven for Australian wildlife, which exists in its natural habitat without the threat of introduced predators. Listen to the distinct sounds of the native birdlife as they chorus from the tall eucalyptus trees.
Kangaroo Island is home to some 250 species of birds, many of which, through isolation from the mainland, have developed their own subspecies and are therefore unique to Kangaroo Island. As you travel the island keep an eye out for echidnas, wallabies, reptiles and wildflowers.
At the spectacular Seal Bay Conservation Park, your guide will escort you on a memorable walk along the beach. This bay is home to a healthy Australian sea lion colony. Walk among the sea lions as they bask on the beach or among the sand dunes after their extensive fishing expedition. With your guide you are able to stand at a safe distance to these wonderful endangered creatures and hear them sigh and watch them at play. This is a truly unforgettable experience — one that you will treasure forever.
Enter our exclusive Heritage-listed natural bush property to enjoy a delicious gourmet picnic style lunch with Kangaroo Island wine. Follow your lunch with a pleasant bushwalk or a stroll along the beach. Travel through the island’s interior keeping an eye out for koalas and echidnas. Explore spectacular beaches and enjoy a bushwalk. Listen for Australia’s rarest cockatoo, the Kangaroo Island glossy black cockatoo and watch out for the Tammar wallaby, with its small fine features, in its natural habitat.
Later in the afternoon, as the day draws to a close, see the kangaroos leave the safety of the bush to begin grazing on the open pastures as you return to your overnight accommodation.
Please Note: Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
|Tour Options||Departs Daily From||Tour Code||Adult Price||Child Price|
- English only (subject to minimum numbers being met)
- Prices are per person and valid from sale 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022.
- Valid for travel 1st of May 2021 to 31st March 2022.
- Child price available for children aged 3 to 14 years.
- Public touring is not suitable for children under 7 years of age, we recommend booking a private charter (price on application).
- Infants under 3 years of age require a private charter.
- Bookings that include car seats for children will incur a $50 per seat charge.
- Minimum numbers 4. Maximum numbers 8.
- Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
- On Island Tours DO NOT include mainland coach transfers or ferry to/from Kangaroo Island. You must be on Kangaroo Island to participate in the Day Tours at the ‘on island’ price.
- Please advise any special dietary or allergy information at time of booking.
For flight options to/from Kangaroo Island, please refer to our Getting to Kangaroo Island information.
What to Bring: Camera supplies on Kangaroo Island are limited. Bring plenty of spare batteries for your camera or video recorder, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable walking shoes and casual/comfortable clothes also a warm top and a rain jacket can be required any time of year. Do not forget personal medication.
Luggage Limits: Luggage limits are 15kg per person as touring is in small 4WDs. This will require ‘packing down’ to one smaller bag per person. When this is necessary, excess luggage can be stored at your Adelaide accommodation.