| Français | Deutsche | Español | 日本語
Kangaroo Island is like a free range zoo with all the animals in one enormous enclosure, and this tour gives you the chance to spend the day there. On this personalised, small group 4x4 experience, you’ll discover the island’s unique animals – sea lions, kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, birds, maybe even echidnas and goannas if you’re lucky – in a variety of habitats across the island. One thing you’ll definitely encounter is a delicious gourmet style picnic lunch served with complimentary South Australian wine.
You can join this one-day tour at the Adelaide Central Bus Station, selected Adelaide CBD hotels, or from Kangaroo Island itself.
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide CBD hotels (coach/ferry option only) or Kangaroo Island accommodation
- Return scenic coach transfers to Cape Jervis taking in the picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula with its vineyards, coastal views and rolling hills (coach/ferry option only)
- Return transport to/from Kangaroo Island by SeaLink Ferry (coach/ferry option only)
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your driver/guide
- All entrance fees and special permits
- Gourmet style picnic lunch with Kangaroo Island wines in an Australian bush setting
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Beach walk to see Australian sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park
Early morning pick up from your Adelaide hotel for a scenic coach journey to Cape Jervis taking in the picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula with its vineyards, coastal views and rolling hills.
On arrival, board the SeaLink Kangaroo Island ferry for the 45 minute crossing to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island.
On arrival at Penneshaw you will be met by your guide and your island nature experience begins with an introduction to Kangaroo Island. Tour through several island habitats and see wildlife in its natural environment. Kangaroo Island is a haven for Australian wildlife, which exists in its natural habitat without the threat of introduced predators. Listen to the distinct sounds of the native birdlife as they chorus from the tall eucalyptus trees. Kangaroo Island is home to some 250 species of birds, many of which, through isolation from the mainland, have developed their own subspecies and are therefore unique to Kangaroo Island. As you travel the island keep an eye out for echidnas, wallabies, reptiles and wildflowers.
At the spectacular Seal Bay Conservation Park, your guide will escort you on a memorable walk along the beach. This bay is home to a healthy Australian sea lion colony. Walk among the sea lions as they bask on the beach or among the sand dunes after their extensive fishing expedition. With your guide you are able to stand at a safe distance to these wonderful endangered creatures and hear them sigh and watch them at play. This is a truly unforgettable experience — one that you will treasure forever.
Enter our exclusive Heritage-listed natural bush property to enjoy a delicious gourmet style picnic lunch with complimentary Kangaroo Island wine. Follow your lunch with a pleasant bushwalk or beach stroll. Travel through the island’s interior keeping an eye out for koalas and echidnas. Explore the spectacular beaches and enjoy a bushwalk. Listen for Australia’s rarest cockatoo, the Kangaroo Island glossy black cockatoo and watch out for the Tammar wallaby, with its small, fine features, in its natural habitat.
Later in the afternoon, as the day draws to a close, see the kangaroos leave the safety of the bush to begin grazing on the open pastures. Your tour concludes at Penneshaw in time for the return ferry to the mainland and coach transfer to Adelaide.
|Tour Options||Departs From||Tour Code||Adult Price||Child Price|
||Kingscote / American River
- English - Daily (excluding Christmas Day)
- Italian - Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- French - Tuesday & Friday
- German - Tuesday & Thursday
- Spanish - Thursday & Sunday
- Japanese and Mandarin – available daily on request
- Prices are per person and valid 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022.
- Prices shown include an English speaking guide. Tours with a Language guide incur an additional charge, which will be confirmed upon booking.
- Child price available for children aged 3 to 14 years.
- Minimum passengers 2. Maximum passengers 8.
- Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
- Please advise any special dietary or allergy information at time of booking.
For flight options to/from Kangaroo Island, please refer to our Getting to Kangaroo Island information.
What to Bring: Camera supplies on Kangaroo Island are limited. Bring plenty of spare batteries for your camera or video recorder, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable walking shoes and casual/comfortable clothes also a warm top and a rain jacket can be required any time of year. Do not forget personal medication.
Luggage Limits: Luggage limits are 15kg per person as touring is in small 4WDs. This will require ‘packing down’ to one smaller bag per person. When this is necessary, excess luggage can be stored at your Adelaide accommodation.