Please note this tour is only available departing Kingscote accommodation on Kangaroo Island and does not connect to the morning SeaLink Ferry.
Discover nature, wildlife and Kangaroo Island food & wine on this incredible day tour with Kangaroo Island Odysseys.
See dolphins and seals on the Island Explorer tour with Kangaroo Island Marine Adventures.
Apart from its unique wildlife, Kangaroo Island is well known for its thriving food & wine industry and your local guide will introduce you to some of the island’s leading producers where you will taste local Kangaroo Island food & wine.
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down from Kingscote (not airport)
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your driver/guide
- 3 hour Island Explorer Marine Tour* with commentary, morning tea and refreshments (Option to swim with Dolphins if they are sighted with free use of snorkelling equipment with instructions for first time users)
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic style lunch featuring the delicious local produce of Kangaroo Island and South Australia along with Kangaroo Island wine
- Wine Tasting at The Islander Estate Vineyards
- Tastings at the unique KI Spirits micro distillery
- Brief talk and shop visit at Island Beehive
- Wine tastings at Bay of Shoals Wines
Itinerary - departs on island only
Early morning pick up from your Kingscote accommodation and transferred to either the Bay of Shoals Boat Ramp or Emu Bay Jetty to meet Kangaroo Island Marine Adventures' "Energizer" vessel.
Travel with Kangaroo Island Marine Adventures and witness some impressive coastal formations and learn from our highly skilled guides and skipper about the ecology of the north coast and its features. You will get the chance to view dolphins in their natural environment as we pass through their relaxation areas. For those that want a closer look, use our snorkel gear and jump into the dolphins’ environment for a swim! You are completely free to swim around, no ropes, no boundaries. Or for those that don’t want to get wet, sit back and enjoy the view. On return, enjoy a gourmet picnic style lunch featuring the delicious local produce of Kangaroo Island and South Australia along with Kangaroo Island wine.
After lunch, travel a short distance to The Islander Estate Vineyards for an intimate guided wine tasting experience in their Cygnet River tasting room. Next, visit Kangaroo Island Spirits, a local company that specialises in handcrafted premium Australian Spirits and is South Australia’s only boutique distillery. Known as KIS, the company operates a micro distillery and the award winning Gin, Vodka and Liqueurs are all produced on the premises.
As we head back into the main township of Kingscote, we’ll drop in at Island Beehive which is world renowned for its quality and purity of Kangaroo Island honey. Kangaroo Island is South Australia’s newest wine region and you’ll get the opportunity to taste some local wines at Bay of Shoals Wines while enjoying the great sea views from the Cellar Door.
Your tour can concludes either at Kingscote, Kangaroo Island Kingscote Airport or at Penneshaw in time for the return ferry to the mainland and coach transfer to Adelaide.
On Island Only
- English only - Wednesday, Friday & Sunday (excluding Christmas Day)