Fall in love with the amazing wildlife and the breathtaking scenery on Kangaroo Island.
This tour takes in Flinders Chase National Park to see South Australia’s first Light Station and the awe-inspiring natural formations of Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch, home to a colony of playful Long-nosed Fur Seals. In the afternoon enjoy a gourmet picnic style lunch in a private bushland setting and then go spotting wildlife and birdlife including koalas, kangaroos, echidnas, wallabies, superb fairy wrens, honeyeaters and more.
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down from either the Mercure KI Lodge (American River); or Aurora Ozone Hotel (Kingscote)
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your driver/guide
- All entrance fees and special permits
- Gourmet style picnic lunch with South Australian wines in an Australian bush setting
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Visit Flinders Chase National Park
- Wander among the amazing Remarkable Rocks and see Long-nosed Fur Seals at Admirals Arch
- See one of South Australia’s first Lighthouses at Cape du Couedic
- Explore stunning beaches and coastlines of Kangaroo Island
- See koalas, kangaroos, Tammar wallabies and other native wildlife
Departing on island from either Kingscote or American River, you'll love this small group personalised tour of Kangaroo Island. Your guide will take you on an unforgettable island nature experience and show you sights that regular coach tours do not visit. A delicious gourmet lunch in a natural bush setting with complimentary South Australian wines is a highlight of this tour.
Travel to the western end of the island and discover the remarkable Flinders Chase National Park, one of the oldest and most important national parks in South Australia. The park incorporates almost 20 per cent of the island and much of it is a Wilderness Protection Area which is home to a variety of fauna and flora unique to Kangaroo Island.
At Admirals Arch see where the powerful forces of nature have cut through the headland to create this natural geological formation. Watch some of the 10,000 healthy Long-nosed Fur Seals in their colony at Cape du Couedic and take a stroll around the historic Cape du Couedic Lighthouse and Weir’s Cove.
Next, discover the picturesque formations of Remarkable Rocks. These large granite boulders balance dramatically on the cliff edge, which plunges 75 metres into the Southern Ocean.
Enjoy a delicious gourmet style picnic lunch with Kangaroo Island wine in a secluded scenic location. Enjoy the opportunity to search for kangaroos, wallabies, and a variety of birdlife. Koalas can be observed peacefully existing in their treetop habitat.
In the afternoon, explore some of the most spectacular beaches on Kangaroo Island and marvel at the stunning coastlines the island has to offer. There will be many photo opportunities along the way for you to capture long lasting memories of your time on beautiful Kangaroo Island. As the day draws to a close, see the kangaroos leave the safety of the bush to begin grazing on the open pastures as you return to your overnight accommodation.
Please Note: Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
|Tour Options||Departs From||Tour Code||Adult Price||Child Price|
- English only (subject to minimum numbers being met)
- Prices are per person and valid from sale 1st April 2021 to 30th September 2021.
- Valid for travel 1st of May to 30th of September 2021.
- Child price available for children aged 3 to 14 years.
- Public touring is not suitable for children under 7 years of age, we recommend booking a private charter (price on application).
- Infants under 3 years of age require a private charter.
- Bookings that include car seats for children will incur a $50 per seat charge.
- Minimum numbers 4. Maximum numbers 8.
- Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
- On Island Tours DO NOT include mainland coach transfers or ferry to/from Kangaroo Island. You must be on Kangaroo Island to participate in the Day Tours at the ‘on island’ price.
- Please advise any special dietary or allergy information at time of booking.
For flight options to/from Kangaroo Island, please refer to our Getting to Kangaroo Island information.
What to Bring: Camera supplies on Kangaroo Island are limited. Bring plenty of spare batteries for your camera or video recorder, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable walking shoes and casual/comfortable clothes also a warm top and a rain jacket can be required any time of year. Do not forget personal medication.
Luggage Limits: Luggage limits are 15kg per person as touring is in small 4WDs. This will require ‘packing down’ to one smaller bag per person. When this is necessary, excess luggage can be stored at your Adelaide accommodation.