Let our Kangaroo Island Odysseys’ guide introduce you to the island’s locals – Australian sea lions, kangaroos, koalas and dozens of native bird species – all in untouched, pristine wildlife settings.
This one-day personalised tour is the perfect introduction to the natural wonders of this iconic natural haven, enabling you to relax and enjoy one night’s accommodation either before or after your day tour.
- English - Daily morning and afternoon departures.
- Italian - Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday morning departures. Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday afternoon departures.
- French - Tuesday & Friday morning departures. Monday & Thursday afternoon departures.
- German - Tuesday & Thursday morning departures. Monday & Wednesday afternoon departures.
- Spanish - Thursday & Sunday morning departures. Wednesday & Saturday afternoon departures.
- Japanese and Mandarin – available daily on request.
This tour does not operate on 24 and 25 December.
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide CBD & Glenelg hotels
- Return scenic coach transfers to Cape Jervis taking in the picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula with its vineyards, coastal views and rolling hills (ferry options only)
- Return transport to/from Kangaroo Island - Ferry or Fly
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your driver/guide
- All entrance fees and special permits
- Gourmet style picnic lunch with South Australian wines in an Australian bush setting
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Beach walk to see Australian sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- One night’s accommodation of your choice (Standard or Superior including breakfast or Boutique Bed & Breakfast including dinner and full cooked breakfast)
Early morning pick up from your Adelaide or Glenelg hotel for a scenic coach journey to Cape Jervis through the Fleurieu Peninsula with its vineyards, hills and coastal landscapes. At Cape Jervis, board the SeaLink Kangaroo Island ferry for the 45 minute crossing to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island (Ferry option only).
On arrival at Penneshaw or Kingscote Airport you will be met by your guide and your Kangaroo Island Wildlife Experience begins with an introduction to Kangaroo Island. Tour Kangaroo Island and see wildlife in its natural environment. Kangaroo Island's wildlife exists in its natural habitat without the threat of introduced predators. See native birdlife as they sing from eucalyptus trees. The island is home to 250 species of birds, many of which are unique to Kangaroo Island as through isolation from the mainland, have developed their own subspecies. As you make your way across the island keep watch for echidnas, wallabies, kangaroos, reptiles and wildflowers.
At Seal Bay Conservation Park, you will be guided on a memorable beach walk, home to a healthy Australian sea lion colony. Walk among the sea-lions as they lay on the sand and dunes. With your guide you are able to stand at a safe distance to these wonderful endangered creatures and hear them sigh and watch them at play. This is a truly magical and unforgettable experience!
Our guides will take you to our Heritage-listed natural bush property to enjoy a delicious gourmet style picnic lunch with South Australian wine in an Australian bush setting. After lunch, take a leisurely bush walk or beach stroll. Travel through the island’s interior keeping an eye out for koalas and echidnas. Explore the spectacular beaches and enjoy a bushwalk. Listen for Australia’s rarest cockatoo, the Kangaroo Island glossy black cockatoo and watch out for the Tammar wallaby in its natural habitat. Later in the afternoon, see the kangaroos leave the safety of the bush to begin grazing on the open pastures. Your tour concludes at your choice of accommodation for your overnight stay on Kangaroo Island.
Early morning departure from Penneshaw or Kingscote Airport for the return journey to Adelaide.
For the afternoon departure option, the tour commences on the morning of Day Two.
Please Note: Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
Standard (includes continental breakfast)
- Ozone Hotel, Kingscote – Executive Rooms
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge, American River - Superior Queen Poolview or Superior King Bayview
- Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn - Superior Ocean View Rooms
Superior (includes full buffet breakfast)
- Ozone Hotel, Kingscote – Executive Sea View Rooms
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge, American River – Deluxe Studio Waterview Rooms*
*A 2-course dinner in the award winning Reflections Restaurant at the Mercure KI Lodge is available on request (additional cost) please enquire.
Boutique B&B (includes 3 course dinner and full cooked breakfast)
|Tour Options||Departs From||Tour Code||Adult Price Standard||Adult Price Superior||Adult Price Boutique B&B|
|On Island||Kingscote / American River||KI21||$643||$665||$922|
Prices are per person based on twin share accommodation and valid 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020. Single, Extra Adult & Child Prices available on request. Prices shown include an English speaking guide. Tours with a Language guide incur an additional charge, which will be confirmed upon booking.