Please note this tour is only available departing Kingscote or American River on Kangaroo Island and does not connect to the SeaLink Ferry.
On this great one day/one night tour with Kangaroo Island Odysseys, your local guide will show you the natural landscapes and wildlife that make this island so special.
Travel to Flinders Chase National Park at the western end of the island and discover the awe-inspiring formations of Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. See a colony of Long-nosed Fur Seals on the rocks at Admirals Arch from the viewing platforms and boardwalk.
Relax and enjoy one night’s accommodation before or after your day tour.
There’s a choice of accommodation for your one night stay. Standard and Superior accommodation including breakfast, while Bed & Breakfast accommodation includes dinner, bed and breakfast. View our accommodation options.
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down from your selected Kingscote or American River accommodation or Kangaroo Island, Kingscote Airport
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your local Driver/Guide
- All entrance fees and special permits
- Gourmet picnic lunch with South Australian wines in a Australian bush setting
- Visit Flinders Chase National Park
- Wander among the amazing Remarkable Rocks and see Long-nosed Fur Seals at Admirals Arch
- See one of South Australia’s first Lighthouses at Cape du Couedic
- Watch kangaroos and other native animals graze at Kelly Hill Conservation Park
- One night’s accommodation of your choice (Standard or Superior including breakfast or Boutique Bed & Breakfast including dinner and full cooked breakfast)
Day 2 Note: We can arrange the SeaLink Shuttle, Ferry and Coach for your return journey to Adelaide (additional cost), please enquire.
Early morning pick up from the Kangaroo Island, Kingscote Airport or your chosen Kingscote or American River accommodation by your local KI guide for the day.
Travel to the western end of the island and discover the remarkable Flinders Chase National Park, one of the oldest and most important national parks in South Australia. The park incorporates almost 20 per cent of the island and much of it is a Wilderness Protection Area, home to a variety of fauna and flora unique to Kangaroo Island. Enjoy the opportunity to walk through the park in search for kangaroos, wallabies and a variety of birdlife.
See at close range some of the 10,000 healthy Long-nosed Fur Seals in their colony at Cape du Couedic and discover the formation of Remarkable Rocks. These large granite boulders balance dramatically on the cliff edge, which plunges 75 metres into the turbulent Southern Ocean below.
At Admirals Arch see where the powerful forces of nature have cut through the headland to create this natural geological formation. A delicious gourmet style picnic lunch with South Australian wine will be served in a secluded bush setting. During the day koalas can be observed peacefully existing in their treetop habitat.
By special permit, enter the Kelly Hill Conservation Park to see kangaroos and other native wildlife emerge from the safety of the bush land to graze on the open plains.
Your tour concludes at your choice of accommodation for your overnight stay on Kangaroo Island.
After breakfast, you can choose to return to Adelaide by SeaLink shuttle, ferry, and coach back to Adelaide.
Standard (includes continental breakfast)
- Aurora Ozone Hotel, Kingscote – Executive Rooms
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge, American River - Superior Queen Poolview or Superior King Bayview
Superior (includes full buffet breakfast)
- Aurora Ozone Hotel, Kingscote – Executive Sea View Rooms
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge, American River – Deluxe Studio Waterview Rooms*
*A 2-course dinner in the award winning Reflections Restaurant at the Mercure KI Lodge is available on request (additional cost) please enquire.
Boutique B&B (includes 3 course dinner and full cooked breakfast)
|Tour Options||Departs From||Tour Code||Adult Price Standard||Adult Price Superior||Adult Price Boutique B&B|
Prices are per person based on twin share accommodation and valid 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021. Single, Extra Adult & Child Prices available on request. Prices shown include an English speaking guide. Tours with a Language guide incur an additional charge, which will be confirmed upon booking.
- English - Daily
- Italian - Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
- French - Wednesday & Saturday
- German - Wednesday & Friday
- Spanish - Monday & Friday
- Japanese and Mandarin – available daily on request
This tour does not operate on 24 and 25 December.
For flight options to/from Kangaroo Island, please refer to our Getting to Kangaroo Island information.