Love adventure? Take a hike.
If you’re looking for an experience that’s both authentic and awe-inspiring, make tracks for the new Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail.
This world class walking experience gives you access to some of most rugged, remote and spectacular coastline in Australia.
Located in the south west of Kangaroo Island, the 61 kilometres of new and upgraded trails will take you through Flinders Chase National Park, Kelly Hill Conservation Park and the Cape Bouguer Wilderness Protection Area. It provides access to Remarkable Rocks, Admirals Arch, Weirs Cove, Hanson Bay and Kelly Hill Caves.
- Day 1: Flinders Chase Visitor Centre to Snake Lagoon 12km, 4 hrs
- Day 2: Snake Lagoon to Cape du Couedic 14km, 7 hrs
- Day 3: Cape du Couedic to Sanderson Bay 13km, 6.5 hrs
- Day 4: Sanderson Bay to Grassdale 13.5km, 6.5 hrs
- Day 5: Grassdale to Kelly Hill Caves 7.5km, 2.4hrs
2 or 3 Day Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail Small Group Guided Tours
This fully guided walk along selected sections of the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail includes accommodation, all meals and a full day touring the real Kangaroo Island.
Departure Dates (2 or 3 day options)
- 2017: 14 June, 12 July, 16 August, 13 September, 18 October and 15 November.
- 2018: 14 February and 14 March.
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide and Glenelg Hotels
- Return scenic coach and ferry transfers or flights between Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your driver/guide (multi-lingual tour guides available at an additional cost)
- All entrance fees and special permits
- One day tour of Kangaroo Island including:
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Unforgettable beach walk to see Australian sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Explore beaches and take walks through majestic native bush land See koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas and birdlife
- Enjoy a delicious gourmet picnic style lunch with South Australian wines in a natural bush setting
- One or two day guided walk along the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail.
- One or two nights accommodation at the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat, including dinner and continental breakfast.
Exclusive to Kangaroo Island Odysseys: Souvenir backpack containing water, packed lunch, trail food, hat, sunscreen, trail guide and map.