Spend three incredible days on Kangaroo Island
From $1212pp*, twin share, departing Cape Jervis
The Enchanted Fig Tree dining experience by Gastronomo is set to return to Kangaroo Island from 5th January to 30th April 2021! Now 120 years old, this colossal Fig Tree has grown gnarled limbs, with shimmering leaves that shade this magical and unique dining location.
Join us over 3 days / 2 nights as you explore Kangaroo Island with a personlised tour to see the incredible regrowth and regeneration as a result of the January 2020 bushfires, then on day two enjoy your progressive lunch at The Enchanted Fig Tree.
- Return SeaLink Ferry passenger travel to Kangaroo Island
- SeaLink Shuttle transfer from Penneshaw Ferry Terminal to American River
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge staying in a Deluxe Studio Waterview (Room Only)
- Kangaroo Island Road to Recovery Day Tour includes;
- Hotel pick up and drop off in American River
- Visit the Flinders Chase National Park to see the regeneration and the native bushland
- Stop for photo opportunities of wildlife and native regeneration
- Enjoy a delicious lunch and afternoon tea
- Wander among Australia's most accessible Australian sea lion colony at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- All entrance fees and special permits
- Private Transfers from American River to The Enchanted Fig Tree and return to Penneshaw
- Progressive luncheon at The Enchanted Fig Tree Restaurant
- OPTIONAL: Add SeaLink Coach Transfers to/from Adelaide, or book secure car parking at Cape Jervis
Monday to Friday from 11th December 2020 to 30th April 2021. Please note bookings are at capacity until 4th January 2021, but openings are available from the 6th January 2021.
The Enchanted Fig Tree is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
On Day one, arrive in the evening on the 6pm ferry from Cape Jervis, and stay two nights at the Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge in the peaceful seaside town of American River.
After you're well rested on day two, you'll be picked up by your Kangaroo Island Odysseys Tour Guide and taken on a personalised tour to learn about the flora and fire ecology of the island, and see how the island is recovering for yourself. You’ll also get the chance to walk amongst wild Australian sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park and see wildlife in their natural settings.
Day three, you'll be taken to The Enchanted Fig Tree by private transfer where you'll enjoy this sensational outdoor dining experience for two. Your return transfer will take you back to Penneshaw where you can depart on the 5.30pm or 7.30pm ferry. You'll also have the option to add SeaLink Coach Transfers to/from Adelaide, or book secure car parking at Cape Jervis.
If you're just looking to make a booking for The Enchanted Fig Tree dining or for transfers to/from the dining location, please see SeaLink Kangaroo Island.
*Above price is valid until 31st March 2022 and is based on staying in a Deluxe Studio Waterview room at the Mercure KI Lodge. Prices for travel in April 2021 may vary. Other room types may be available and price will vary accordingly. ^Private transfers are subject to availability at time of booking.
* Bookings for The Enchanted Fig Tree need to be made at least 7 days in advance and are subject to availability at time of booking as there are limited tickets available. Full payment is due at time of booking online or over the phone. When paying by credit card to KI Odysseys, credit card surcharges apply. The Enchanted Fig Tree experience is subject to minimum and maximum numbers as set by Gastronomo. If The Enchanted Fig Tree experience is cancelled for any reason including a guest booked that does not attend the confirmed date/time, they will incur the following fees: More than 48 hours before experience – free cancellation. Within 48 hours of the event –100% of total cost. Gastronomo reserves the right to cancel an event at their discretion at any time due to unforeseen circumstances outside of their control including but not limited to weather conditions, natural disaster, menu unavailability, staff shortages and ingredient shortages. If a cancellation is necessary, you will be notified a minimum of 24hrs before the event start time. You will then be provided with option(s) to transfer the booking to another suitable date, or to receive a refund.
Dietary requirements: The Enchanted Fig Tree cater to vegans, vegetarians, and other medical dependent dietary requirements only. All special dietary and allergy information must be advised at time of booking. Although the set menu is flexible and considers most dietary needs, Gastronomo are unable to cater to individual dietary needs on-site. Where possible, Gastronomo will endeavour to meet your requests.