Tour available for travel until 31st March 2020. If travelling after this date see our 5 Day / 4 Night Flinders Ranges & Highlights of Kangaroo Island Tour.
Rawnsley Park Station will be a highlight on this tour with hosts Julie and Tony Smith providing true outback hospitality and Aussie station experiences. Stay in luxurious Eco Villas, all with commanding views of the surrounding landscape. Touring includes the spectacular and rugged scenery of Wilpena Pound and the magnificent Flinders Ranges region with its wealth of wildlife, geology and ancient history. At Nilpena Station, take a fascinating station and Ediacaran fossil tour, and enjoy outback food and hospitality at the famous Prairie Hotel at Parachilna. Then travel through the stunning Clare Valley wine region for some wine tasting and lunch before returning to Adelaide.
After staying a night in Adelaide, fly to Kangaroo Island to get up close with nature and wildlife on this personalised two day tour. You’ll meet kangaroos, koalas and wonderful native birdlife in their natural habitats, wander past wild Australian sea lions, and enjoy gourmet style picnic lunches in a unique Australian private bush setting. Experience nature at her most spectacular as you visit the Cape Willoughby Lighthouse, Baudin Conservation Park and the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park.
This tour is a perfect way to experience this unspoilt and natural wildlife haven and you’ll soon see why the Flinders Ranges and Kangaroo Island are part of Australia’s iconic nature-based destinations.
Departs from Adelaide on Fridays:
March - 13, 20 & 27
Inclusions & Highlights
Flinders Ranges Outback Tour (4 days / 3 nights)
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide CBD hotels
- Morning and/or afternoon tea and lunch each day
- See the Kanyaka Station Homestead Ruins
- 2 nights accommodation at Rawnsley Park Station including daily continental breakfast (Standard or Superior)
- Enjoy a 'Sunset on the Chace' tour (operated by Rawnsley Park Station)
- 2 course dinner in the Woolshed Restaurant at Rawnsley Park Station
- 3 hour Guided Daybreak Loop Walk to Rawnsley Bluff including a cooked bush breakfast (operated by Rawnsley Park Station)
- See picturesque gorges on your tour around Wilpena Pound and the southern Flinders Ranges including a picnic lunch
- Delight in a 3 course Lamb Tasting food experience with matching wines
- Explore the historic mining town of Blinman and take a scenic drive through Parachilna Gorge
- Signature Antipasto platter lunch, sunset pre-dinner drinks with canapes and 3 course a la carte dinner at the Prairie Hotel
- Nilpena Station Ediacaran Experience
- 1 night accommodation at the Prairie Hotel including a full cooked breakfast
- Journey through the Clare Valley to Paulett Wines & Bush Devine Café for wine tastings & 3 course lunch
- Personalised touring with expert commentary from your local Driver/Guide and all entrance fees and special permits
- 1 night accommodation at the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in a Premier City View Room (room only)
Highlights of Kangaroo Island – Small Group Guided Tour (2 days / 1 night)
- Return transfers to Adelaide Airport from Adelaide CBD hotels
- Return flights to Kangaroo Island
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your local Driver/Guide and all entrance fees and special permits
- Enjoy delicious gourmet picnic style lunches with South Australian wine in natural bush settings on both days
- Morning or afternoon tea each day
- Unforgettable beach walk to see Australian sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- See koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas and birdlife in their natural environments
- One night’s accommodation on KI including Breakfast (Standard or Superior)
- Cape Willoughby Lighthouse to learn about the island's rich maritime history
- Baudin Conservation Park to spot native Australian wildlife such as kangaroos, rare Glossy Black Cocktatoos and other birdlife
- Visit the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park and get up close to kangaroos, wallabies and koalas
- Stop at Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Oil Distillery and find out about the oil distilling process
Please note: KI Tour inclusions have been amended from 15th January 2020 until further notice. The Kelly Hill Conservation Park, Remarkable Rocks, Admirals Arch and Cape du Couedic in the Flinders Chase National Park are temporarily closed until further notice. In light of the KI bushfires, displayed itineraries may change to ensure an enriching and safe experience for passengers.
Standard (includes continental breakfast)
- Rawnsley Park Station (Hawker) – One Bedroom Holiday Unit
- Prairie Hotel (Parachilna) – Deluxe King Room or Heritage Queen Room (includes cooked breakfast)
- Aurora Ozone Hotel (Kingscote) – Executive Room
- Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn (Kingscote) - Ocean View Room
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge (American River) - Superior Queen Poolview or Superior King Bayview Room
Superior (includes full buffet breakfast)
- Rawnsley Park Station (Hawker) – One Bedroom Eco Villa (continental breakfast only)
- Prairie Hotel (Parachilna) – Deluxe King Room or Heritage Queen Room
- Aurora Ozone Hotel (Kingscote) – Executive Sea View Room
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge (American River) - Deluxe Studio Waterview Room
- Wanderer’s Rest of Kangaroo Island (American River) – Suite
From $4,640 per person, twin share.
From $4,890 per person, twin share.
Terms and conditions. Tour code: FROHKI. Prices are per person and based on twin share and valid for travel 1st April 2019 - 31 March 2020. Single prices available on request. This tour is not recommended for children and there are no extra person prices. For other departure dates, please enquire. Itinerary is subject to change and weather conditions on the day. A minimum of 2 people is required for this tour to operate. If minimum numbers are not met at 30 days prior to departure, an alternate date will be offered or a full refund given.